Thursday, February 16, 2012

2/16/12

Full Body Page, Dominique


Second part of Dominiques design sheet.

I've aimed for a more simple approach to coloring after some poignant advice from my surroundings. Since I'm still pretty new to coloring, there's plenty of things I'm learning (and need to learn), but I hope to pick it up as I go through the preproduction part.

Next up, I'll be working with the second main protagonist, "Baron Ironmutt" - he's going to be balls of fun to design and next to impossible to draw, so that'll be entertaining to see me rage at my screen.

I'd also like to direct your attention to a few couple of links:

First off, here's my deviant-art link which'll feature some of non-Ironbolt related work I do. It's just to sort of link both places together a bit more coherently:

Secondly, I'll today be highlighting one of my inspirations for making a web-comic.

Back in 2006, Tracy J. Butler, an illustrator and 3d Modeller at Simultronics, an American based games company, launched her web-comic entitled "Lackadaisy Cats" - I first stumbled across it a few months after its launch and was instantly smitten not only by the charming gallery of characters, but in general the professionality and coherency of which she imbedded in her work.

I mean, a few quick clicks through her pages and you'd realise this is a cut above most web-comic material out there - no wonder it went ahead and won several Web Cartoonists' Comic Award.

Don't let their fuzzy exterior fool you - if you like a sharp dialogue, some zany personalities and a layered story set against the backdrop of old-school gangsters and 1920'ies jazz, I suggest you head on by!


http://www.lackadaisycats.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers